The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Monday, January 12, 2009

Last words...

Sometimes you misunderestimated me.
~George W. Bush, speaking to reporters at his last press conference

In case you missed it, here's one of many recaps.

As I look forward to the next four years listening to a well-spoken US president, I admit I'll miss such Bush blunders.

But riding the bus to the work today, overhearing two college football players exchang their brilliant observations on coaches and chicks in what could easily have been a comedy skit on Rick Mercer or This Hour has 22 Minutes, I realized it's almost too easy to riff on Bushisms.

But then, this will be my last chance for such trivial fun. It's been a helluva ride.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tricia Dower said...

I'm not gonna miss him one bit. I'm really looking forward to Tuesday, although I'm sure Obama will break my heart more than a few times.

Thu Jan 15, 12:27:00 am GMT-5  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, yes. I believe the the 'ra-ra's have slowed already. Nevertheless, I remain hopeful :)

Sun Jan 18, 11:08:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home