The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Thursday, May 08, 2008

One more sleep...

…until book launch. Months of preparation and it’s finally here. My daughter has arrived from Maryland—the absolute best Mother’s Day giftand today we’re doing indulgent girly things like getting our nails done. The launch venue is beautiful, people will have stuff to eat and drink, and I’ll be wearing a new dress. How could it be anything but good?


Then it’s off to Toronto for the Fiery First Fiction seven-author readathon on the 12th. I’m attending another Inanna author’s book launch on the 13th and have been invited to read there. On the 17th, I’ll be in Picton for a third reading which my son, who lives in Minneapolis, will attend. More wonderful Mom’s Day news. As luck would have it, he has a business meeting in Scarborough the day before and will drive down for the event.

In between: visits with friends we haven’t seen for over two years. All thanks to Silent Girl.

If you live in Toronto or Picton, here’s the scoop:

Date: May 12, 2008
Time: 7 PM (Readings begin at 7:30 PM)
Venue: The Supermarket
268 Augusta Ave. ,Toronto, Ontario

Reading Order

Tricia Dower - Silent Girl
Pamela Stewart - Elysium
Nila Gupta - The Sherpa and Other Fictions
Lien Chao - The Chinese Knot

-
Break-

Shari Lapena - Things Go Flying
Nathan Whitlock - A Week of This
Claudia Dey - Stunt


Date: May 17, 2008
Time: 7:30 PM
Venue: Books and Company
289 Main Street,
Picton, Ontario

Reading Order

Just me, so far. Yikes!

See you back here on May 21st, maybe with some photos.

Image: The Fiery First Fiction bag. Supposedly you get one with a purchase of even just one of the FFF books at participating bookstores. I want one!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy your launch, and I hope to see you in T.O.!

p.s. I want the bag, too.

Thu May 08, 07:02:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger J.A. McDougall said...

A wonderful time for you Tricia, enjoy!!! See you in Calgary later this month :)

Thu May 08, 09:07:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Tricia Dower said...

Thanks, you two! Enjoy I will.

Thu May 08, 02:44:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Sandra Cormier said...

Good luck with the reading, Tricia. I'd love to attend, but I'll be at work. Can't ignore those deadlines!

You'll be fabulous, I'm certain of it.

Sun May 11, 06:57:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home