The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

2008 Malahat Review Novella Prize


by Andrew Tibbetts

Forgive me for blowing my own horn (insert inappropriate joke here) but I must, I'm too excited. I won the Malahat Review 2008 Novella Prize! I'm over the moon about it and I strive to work my win into every conversation I have and every email I send. So of course, it's going to find it's way into the blog. Pick up a copy in the summer why don't you? I'll probably remind you when it's out. Daily. But you understand, right?

8 Comments:

Blogger Tricia Dower said...

I sure understand. Such wonderful news. Congrats again, Andrew!

Wed Apr 30, 03:28:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Tania Hershman said...

Congratulations, Andrew, fabulous news! Keep talking about it, get it in everywhere, you deserve it.

Wed Apr 30, 04:16:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Sandra Cormier said...

Ohmigod! That's fantastic! Many congrats, Andrew; you deserve it!

Wed Apr 30, 10:18:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Steve Gajadhar said...

Brilliant!

This is an amazing accomplishment. I'm going to buy a copy. I'm curious , how long did it take you to put together the novella?

Wed Apr 30, 11:40:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger TJL said...

Yay, Andrew! I am looking forward to getting my copy. (I just knew you'd win!) Enjoy.

Thu May 01, 03:11:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

Congratulations, Andrew! Wow!

Thu May 01, 04:42:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Andrew Tibbetts said...

Thanks folks! Steve, I wrote the sections as flashes. Each took a few days up to a week. Then I put them together and revised for about two years. I'm slow. And by two years I mean, revise for five minutes, take a seven month snack break, revise for fifteen, give up writing for three months, talk about how you can't write for another three, talk about all the times you did write and how much your love it for another three, revise for four days solid because you forgot to take your ADHD meds, take your meds, go back to thinking about writing, maybe squeeze in another ten minutes and tada.... you've got a novella!

Fri May 02, 08:08:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger J.A. McDougall said...

Awesome news, Andrew! I'm going to go get me a copy.

Thu May 08, 09:16:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home