The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Introducing Ms. J (or how the QWF got kissed, got wild and got a life)

I had been meaning to post a list of all the reasons why I thought it would be best for everyone involved if I just took the summer off from blogging (strawberries, bike rides, beaches, etc.), but then I found out about this blog. How could I pass up on an opportunity to spread the word about Ms. Julie, the sexy librarian who now champions the cause of Quebec’s English-language literature? Especially since she bears such a striking resemblance to both Tina Fey and a certain Ms. Adriana, who has been seen from time to time here at the CWC. (We love it when she stops by. We wish Tina would consider joining her.)

As luck would have it, I recently acquired two of the books our tireless Ms. J is promoting: Asa Boxer’s The Mechanical Bird and Andrew Hood’s Pardon Our Monsters. Perhaps she would be interested in reading them with me? We could form some kind of online book club. I would provide the drinks. And the munchies. All she’d need was a reliable supply of red lipstick.


p.s. My review of Rivka Galchen's Atmospheric Disturbances here.

3 Comments:

Blogger ad said...

I know! Isn't the resemblance uncanny? I was talking to Ms. J this morning and she would love to read books with you.

Especially if strawberry-eating were integrated into the activities.

Mon Jul 07, 12:58:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Mary Soderstrom said...

Ms.J is really something. Have you seen her new blog? http://lovemsjulie.blogspot.com

Also I was sorry to see you were so sad that you were stopping traffic. Do hope the clouds have parted, although the stopping traffic part would all right if it continued.

Mary

Tue Jul 29, 03:50:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Anne C. said...

Thanks, Mary. The clouds did part, but then trouble hit again. Fall should be much, much better!

Mon Aug 04, 07:45:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home