The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Monday, June 16, 2008

My kind of morning smile

Love, Tamara

Yesterday's breakfast was full of chuckles.

First I read about this newsflash over on The Galloping Beaver: “Bush contemplates writing his memoir”.

Then I stumbled across this Mcleans interview with James Frey (just don’t ask him to discuss his tattoos!), offering us this gem about his new (not that other) 'book,' erm, 'novel':

In the book, the novel, the first sentence says, "Nothing in this book should be considered accurate or reliable." Some of it might be; some of it might not be. But nothing should be considered anything but fiction. And I mean, yeah, it's a very deliberate blurring of the line. I knew I was doing it, and I knew it would be a complicated thing for me to do because of my previous history. But that's even more reason to do it.

Next, on The Galloping Beaver: “Frey to ghost Dubya’s Little Adventure in Washington.”

Sometimes, the jokes just write themselves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tricia Dower said...

Yeah, the real world is just one big laugh, isn't it?

Mon Jun 16, 08:29:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Andrew Tibbetts said...

Sometimes things are so ridiculous on the regular news that it feels like I'm watching Jon Stewart.

Tue Jun 17, 04:37:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger TJL said...

I think you're right, Andrew. Media is funny; remember when everything 'was a Seinfeld episode'. Glad those days are gone.

Tue Jun 17, 08:10:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home