The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hokay?


“Take a dip in the pool first, and then sit down and write your blog post.”
I’d just walked in the door, told my wife I left work early because I hadn’t done my CWC thing yet. It’s super hot today, so I decided to take her advice. Good. Great. I feel much better now, except I haven’t a clue what to blog about. The water in my ears? The neighbor’s eye-sore of a hedge, thirty feet tall and wild on my side? Blocks my view. Of what, I’m not sure. There must be some blue sky behind that thing I’m entitled to. It was over and beyond that hedge we lost our Lemonade, our little budgie. Do I blog about their rotten plum tree, spotted with black fungus throughout? It grows right over the property line, with most of its rotten top hanging over our side. Why would you do that, grow something that’ll be a nuisance to your neighbor? Foink ‘em. The black death’ll take care of their foinking plum tree. Do I blog about literary stuff? Don’t think so. I’ll leave that up to the other members of this collective. Brainiacs! Phfft! I can hardly spell, which is why I stay away from words I’m kind of familiar with, but not enough to know how to spell ‘em without getting stressed. Do I blog about the films I’ve seen lately? Rented Cop Fuzz, or Super Cop Fuzzy something or other last night. What do you want to know about it? It was nasty dumb through and through -- not the good kind of nasty dumb, btw. Do I blog about the news of the day? Sorry, don’t like to do that unless I have names(spelled properly) and facts to go along with my opinions. Truth is, my mind is all over the place most of the time. So… I think I’ll just blame summertime for this lame post, add a picture, and call it a day. Hokay?

7 Comments:

Blogger MelBell said...

Antonios, that picture says it all and I love it!

Thu Aug 02, 03:24:00 pm GMT-4  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh...hope the foinking neighbours don't read your blog!

Thu Aug 02, 03:24:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Tricia Dower said...

Definitely hokay. You gave me the gift of a smile. Incidentally, you can trim any branches of a neighbour's tree that hangs over your side.

Thu Aug 02, 03:25:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Tricia Dower said...

...branches that hang.

Thu Aug 02, 03:26:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Sandra Cormier said...

Mmmmghhhh. Pooooool.... gurgle gurgle, drool....

I'm melting!

Omigod, beer. You're torturing me.

Thu Aug 02, 08:58:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Andrew Tibbetts said...

I love your lame post!

Are you talking about Hot Fuzz, the British action movie? Where Timothy Dalton as the evil greengrocer grabs a red-headed boy and says, "Stand back or the gingernut gets it!"

Fri Aug 03, 08:55:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Antonios Maltezos said...

that's the one!

Fri Aug 03, 02:42:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home