The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Getting Away...

By Antonios Maltezos

… you know how they tell you to close your legs when you go down one of those extreme water slides? Well, I went head first down the Everest slide at the Val Cartier water park Tuesday afternoon, and I’m still blowing my nose. Wtf!? Twice, my creaky old body went airborne. We camped Tuesday night, and I almost kicked my legs through my sleeping bag, dreaming of cliffs and things. Bastards!

... what a blast, though!



Mt. Everest slide at the ValCartier water park...



Me on the Everest slide...



Me and da wife shortly after my ordeal on the Everest slide...

10 Comments:

Blogger J.A. McDougall said...

Happy summer, Tony. Do all of your kids like the water? A couple of our still need bribes to take on water slides :)

Thu Jul 05, 11:26:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Andrew Tibbetts said...

I'm so jealous. I'd love to be going down a waterslide right now!

Have more and more fun, Tony!

Thu Jul 05, 11:58:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Steve Gajadhar said...

I hope you did a gainer at the bottom.

Thu Jul 05, 02:33:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Antonios Maltezos said...

Thanks for stopping by, guys. Actually, I did one of those block one nostril, hork through the other type of thing.

Thu Jul 05, 02:44:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Tricia Dower said...

Oh my goodness, you're brave. Lovely pic of you and da wife.

Thu Jul 05, 03:19:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Anne C. said...

We're getting so sentimental here lately.

Thu Jul 05, 04:24:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Sandra Cormier said...

I thought for sure you'd have a bloody nose. Didn't you smack it at least once?

Thu Jul 05, 05:12:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Antonios Maltezos said...

I think it's a lovely picture of me and da wife too, Tricia. thanks. Anne... at least I included an action shot in my pictures! A bloody nose, you say, Chumplet? From what, praying hard all the way down? Thanks for stopping by, guys.

Thu Jul 05, 06:38:00 pm GMT-4  
Anonymous bib said...

this park in France?? #just wondering

Thu May 03, 06:04:00 am GMT-4  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


Hello every body, my name is selena from south USA,and i really just want to let you all know that having a broken heart is not an easy thing, but no matter how bad your situation may be, i want to let you all know that there is a way to get your ex chasing you around again wanting to be with you, because this is exactly what i did when my boyfriend left me for someone else and i am happy today cause he is back.Udupisolueiontemple@outlook.com was were i got the chance to get my boyfriend back and i will also want you all to give it a try.anonymous

Wed Jul 31, 05:47:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home