The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Vacation

by Steve Gajadhar

By the time this is posted for me, I should be just coming out the other side of some wicked jet lag. Southeast Asia, with stops in Thailand and Cambodia. And ya, I’m excited.

Vacation has been non-existent for most of my adult life mostly because I’ve spent a lot of it far away from family. Vacation meant going back to Saskatchewan. Vacation meant Christmas, weddings, family issues. It never meant vacation. Couple that with the 2-3 measly weeks of holidays bestowed by employers and it’s easy to see why I forgot the concept of getting away from it all.

I’m looking forward to being bitten by the travel bug all over again, although I hope it doesn’t give me malaria…

I’ll be back with pictures from and writing about the far side of the world.

3 Comments:

Blogger TJL said...

You sneak! Did we know you were going to Asia? Probably, I think you did a tally a while back. Guess Hawaii's not exotic enough for you... Looking forward to your pics!

Wed Apr 04, 01:39:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Andrew Tibbetts said...

I'm excited for you. Love to hear your impressions.

I haven't really had a vacation as an adult. I never save enough money. I think I'd like one.

Wed Apr 04, 09:27:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Sandra Cormier said...

My exotic vacations were in my younger days, when my father invited us to visit when he worked in far-off places.

He packed us off to Mallorca when I was sixteen to attend a year of high school, and soon afterward I visited him in Algeria, with stopovers in France and Switzerland.

Now, vacation is catching up on neglected housework.

Wed Apr 04, 08:10:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home