The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Friday, September 15, 2006

Internet Friends




by Patricia Parkinson





While you're reading this post I will be in the United States. I'm going away for the weekend to finally meet my girlfriends, my girlfriends that write, and are very good at it.

We have known each other for...three years? I met these women here, on the internet. The same way I met the members of our collective, and hopefully you, the person reading this blog. We are getting to you know each other virtually. We are friends, friends who don't see each other or hear each other's voices, yet I feel we know each other better as we touch through our words. Thank you for being my friends, for taking the time to get to know me. I hope that some of my words have touched you.

These are the remarkable women I'll be with this weekend. I am in awe. I am inspired. I am grateful.

and my links don't work and this is pissing me off and I'm with my friends and I"m not going to work at this anymore!! xoxoxoxo....and the picture is of another woman I admire. Sort of reminds me of someone xoxoxoxo


Kathy Fish


Kelly Flanigan


Nance Knauer

and


Kim Teeple

7 Comments:

Blogger J.A. McDougall said...

Have a great time Patricia! (fixed your links)

Sat Sept 16, 09:36:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks honey, we're hanging out in our jammies having coffee chatting, having the best time...xoxoxo

Sat Sept 16, 01:11:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Tricia Dower said...

Ha! I used to live my life by what Mary Tyler Moore would do. I lived in Minnesota for seven years. Enjoy!

Sat Sept 16, 03:12:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Phil Jones said...

I'd have to agree with you that friendships started on the net can be, in many ways, more honest and profound than relationships developed in the traditonal way. I don't think you could have gone too far wrong with this group sweetie. Thanks to you gals for being such gracious hosts and people. By the way, I'm coming next time!!!!!!!

Sun Sept 17, 11:29:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger Tricia Dower said...

Feeling lonely, are you, Phil? You sound like a nice guy.

Mon Sept 18, 12:02:00 am GMT-4  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great! What a fun and talented group! Patricia, there is nobody like you, darlin...

Kath

Mon Sept 18, 09:35:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Kelly said...

Beautiful writing, Patricia, and you are an absolutely lovely woman. I think Phil is right, some internet relationships are pure and true, because you really get to know each other without worry about appearance, without other stuff in the way. It's just all good.

Mon Sept 18, 05:23:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home