The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Hooky Novel

by Andrew Tibbetts

As November draws to a close I almost have a novel written! Only it’s not the novel I started writing for NANOWRIMO. Turns out the best way to make work on my current novel more exciting was to turn it into a naughty extra-curricular excursion from my official NANOWRIMO novel. Turns out I can only write for fun. Duty dries me up.

Meanwhile my NANOWRIMO novel lies like the five previous attempts I’ve made at National Novel Writing Month, in a puddle of its own sad juices.

Now, if only I can trick myself into thinking there is something scandalous about cleaning my apartment.

Check out 101 Reasons to Stop Writing in case you’re in danger of prolific-ness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tricia Dower said...

How exciting that you've finished a novel. And writing for fun sounds like the very best reason.

Wed Nov 26, 01:50:00 pm GMT-5  
Blogger Unknown said...

Trickery-writing... I've done that, and all manner of ways to get my pen moving. It's kind of like how one needs to rotate allergy medicine. Congrats on the big finish, Andrew.

Fri Nov 28, 02:53:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home