The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Friday, February 08, 2008

Sweet Route

I hesitate to start this blog entry. It seems too big of a commitment for someone who just spent four days working on a 700-word piece and still isn’t entirely pleased with the outcome. What if that happens here? I don’t want to miss the weekend. I have plans.

So, in the spirit of self-preservation, I’m going to refer you to something that I wrote a while back: “The Sweet Route,” on page 24 of the February/March issue of VIA Destinations magazine. It's my first-ever article for a glossy and also conveniently doubles as a nice memento of some of my travels last year.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to those 700 words.

p.s. I just realized that the whole article isn't available online, but you get the idea.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tricia Dower said...

I just put on a pound reading your excerpt. Good thing we can't see the whole thing. Is this the article you consulted with Mel on for Toronto?

Fri Feb 08, 02:02:00 pm GMT-5  
Blogger Steve Gajadhar said...

Now I'm hungry!

Fri Feb 08, 08:34:00 pm GMT-5  
Blogger Melissa said...

Man, and to think we just met for a stinkin' sandwich...

I don't even have much of a sweet tooth, and this has me drooling on so many levels.

In a good, clean way, of course.

Fri Feb 08, 09:10:00 pm GMT-5  
Blogger sass said...

aw, the montreal one wasn't there...

:(

Sat Feb 09, 08:06:00 pm GMT-5  
Blogger Anne C. said...

TO and Montreal were on the page that you couldn't see. Mel helped me fake the Toronto one.

p.s. There are some weird typos in this piece that make it hard to read.

Sun Feb 10, 09:13:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home