The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Friday, January 18, 2008

The January Blahs


Hi everyone. Not too much going on here today. I'm still sick – not as sick as I was a couple of weeks ago, but still not 100%. It's this cold that appears to be legendary in terms of how long it sticks around. I'm heading into week 3 with this thing. I'm pretty sure the stock price of Kleenex has gone up, thanks to Yours Truly, and my nose has been worn down to just a couple of nostrils in the middle of face I've been blowing it so much. All my New Year's resolutions have had to be postponed. Not that I had too many this year (hurray to still not smoking cigarettes!), but I did want to start off 2008 with a regular exercise program. But at least my fingers are nicely exercised. I've been knitting like a mad fiend (finally, finally WalMart is carrying natural fibres - hallelujah). And American Idol is back for season 7. And Pluto enters Capricorn a week today. (Hey, stifle those yawns, people!)

So forgive me while I keep this post short today, folks. I'm heading off to my local PharmaPlus for some more Otrivin.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Photo taken by me up north. The day before I got charged by the rhinovirus.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, yes, and another CWC'er gets hit. I felt your pain, Mel. Keep warm!

(tamara, using a different sign-in)

Fri Jan 18, 03:04:00 pm GMT-5  
Blogger Tricia Dower said...

Sorry you're still sick, Mel. It got me for three weeks, too. Not fun.

Sun Jan 20, 01:48:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home