The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Soon to Be Mother's Day and Be Careful What You Wish For


by Melissa Bell

Hey Everyone! If I could provide a link here (and I'm sure I could, but jeez, I'm tired, hopefully things might probably 'splain themselves as I get through this), you'd see that a while back I was sharing my desire for a new laptop. Well, the power of positive thinking has blessed me with the laptop of my dreams, my friends. And I couldn't be happier about it. Except for the stuff that is making me less than happy, and that stuff would involve the fact that I haven't the foggiest what I'm doing with the thing just yet. I've installed Word three times (unintentionally) and haven't a clue how to save anything I've written tonight. So I apologize in advance that, for today's post, I can offer up little more than an apology for not posting anything more than this. Not really, anyway. I had a really nice essay planned about my mom - because Mother's Day is coming up on Sunday, but I'm sure you all knew that and have already got cakes ready and reservations made at restaurants and the vans full of roses are ready to arrive at your mom's door at 7:00 am on Sunday morning. But as I type this, the font is the size of a baby tick and I'm going to have to bring this lovely wee machine into the office tomorrow (Friday, whee!) and get my smart friend coworker, R.T., to check out what I've done wrong and endure his eyerolling and his calling me a dumbass under his breath as he attempts to undo things he recommended against in the beginning.

Ah me.

But whatever. I'm blessed. I have my mother around this Mother's Day. We're going to go out for sushi, and then we'll probably watch The Trailer Park Boys movie and eat some delicious cake. I think about cake a lot.

Take care of the moms in your life, please. All of them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tricia Dower said...

Love that picture! What do you think they're talking about? Hope your laptop woes are over soon and that you and your mom have a great time together on Sunday. It will be an ordinary day for us as neither Colin nor I have living mothers and the kids are far away.

Fri May 11, 11:52:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger TJL said...

Yes, I did my part to spoil her. A whole Saturday night sleepover affair: dinner out at her favourite restaurant; a big bunch of tulips (her favourite); a couple of gifts; wine and scrabble at her place; breakfast made for her in the morning. Fun times.

Mon May 14, 11:31:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely post, I had a great mothers day!!! hope you did too!!

Mon May 14, 01:50:00 pm GMT-4  
Blogger J.A. McDougall said...

I hope you get that laptop stuff worked out - I can relate, mine is acting up these days. Mother's Day was hectic and lovely out this way - First Communion for one of my sons was the same day so lots of family, lots of church, and of course, lots of cake :)

Mon May 14, 07:09:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home