The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Monday, April 13, 2009

Tightrope

It's a bit of a struggle, balancing all the obligations one has, with all the projects one wants to pursue. I've always marvelled at those who can pull it all off: raising kids; holding down a job; writing daily word-minimums; reading a book a week; keeping fit...

Right now, year-end bookkeeping and grant-writing are about all I can handle. Add to that, a few dreamy forays into mentally rewriting the novella; doing a bit of reading; socializing for sanity's sake.

But I suspect, whether we 'do it all,' or just 'do what we can,' we all have felt that distinct stomach-drop thrill of the balancing act. And the anticipation of the relief or rest that awaits...


(Image courtesy of hdc.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Tricia Dower said...

I hear you, Tamara. I have all the time in the world yet I'm torn between (among?) writing, putting in a garden, cleaning up administrivia, cleaning house, etc. We do what we can.

Love that image

Wed Apr 15, 08:13:00 pm GMT-4  
Anonymous Mandy said...

I worship people who can do it all, that's definitely not my story. I watched that "I Don't Know How She Does It" movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn_OrhwIidA)the other day and wished I were like Sarah Jessica's character in that movie. However, I'm being too lazy for that, and laziness is the only thing that stops me from being that "I can do anything" kind of girl. I'm trying to cope with my laziness by combining activities and making errands as described here
http://www.askwiki.net/How-to-Stop-Being-Lazy
But I realize that this is just the way I am. To be honest, I don't think it's worth bothering if being able to "do it all" doesn't make me happier.

Fri Aug 02, 04:35:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Tyler Worgan said...

Awesome one I must say.I would like to share a website on waterloo engineering admission whose assistance is great.

Thu May 11, 04:12:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Branded Backlinks said...

Vacuum cleaners are not new equipment and so the usage of these devices has become very common. Nowadays, people are not only looking for the best vacuum cleaners but in fact, they are seeking for best vacuum under 100$. The tough competition has really forced the sellers to bring down the prices of vacuum cleaners.

if you want more just look here "best vacuum under 100"

Sun Mar 25, 11:23:00 am GMT-4  
Blogger Unknown said...

I always appreciate the good work. Very informative and useful post. Please keep up the good work.
You might have faced drain cleaning problem in many situation in your life. But this problem would not occur if you know the best drain cleaning product available in the market.
In my blog I have given a thorough research on best drain cleaner and i think it will really help you all in your daily life.
Please visit my site and let me know your valuable comments

Sat Jul 07, 03:47:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home