The Canadian Writers' Collective

Writing, and writerly tangents

Monday, October 02, 2006

Contest Update

The Canadian Travel Stories contest is closed now. We had dozens of entries. Not hundreds. I’m not sure what I expected. But it was work enough. I was the sorter. For every story I got there was a notice that I’d won a lottery! Half way through I realized I should send thank you confirmations, because if I was entering I’d want one. So I had to email everybody who entered and I couldn’t get the tick box BCC thing happening at first so they were individual. If we’d have had hundreds- yikes!- so thanks for not sending your stories those who didn’t. If I didn’t send you a confirmation email, please forgive me. I mean well. And I am thankful.

The judges have the stories now. They are a surly lot. I’ve locked them in Alice Munro’s basement. Alice is sending the maid down with snacks every three hours. When the white smoke rises above Canadian Literature, we’ll have a winner and a second place and a third. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home